Steen-Frost Family Documents
Lynn & Mary Steen
A selection of writing by or about members of the Steen-Frost family that supplements briefer notes included in the Steen-Frost Family Tree.
Most documents are password-protected, although some are unrestricted. (Family members and others wishing to view protected items should contact
Lynn A. Steen or Mary E. Steen).
◊ Andrew Family. Writing by and about the maternal ancestors of Jean Timmons Frost.
◊ Timmons Family. Writing by and about the paternal ancestors of Jean Timmons Frost.
◊ Hansen-Ellingson-Frost Family. Writing by and about the siblings and ancestors of Reuben Frost and their families.
◊ Frost Family. Writing by and about the family and descendants of Reuben (Jack) Frost.
◊ Steen Family. Writing by and about the relatives of Sigvart J. Steen.
◊ Mayer Family. Writing by and about the relatives of Margery Mayer Voutsas.
◊ Berthold Family. Writing by and about the relatives of George Dietrich Berthold.
- 1687 William Timmons Land Grants from Lord Baltimore. See also
Timmons Homeland for old and new maps of the area described by this grant.
- 1873 Life Book, by William Timmons. A lengthy autobiographical account written near
the end of his life by Mary Frost Steen's great-great grandfather William Timmons (1799-1877). This retyped version includes many explanatory footnotes.
- 1874 Hammil Cato Timmons, a profile by his father William Timmons.
- 1874 Zadock Norman Timmons, a profile by his father William Timmons.
- 1874 Doctor Floyd Clark Timmons, a profile by his father William Timmons.
- 1912 The Greatest Institution, by Thomas H. Timmons.
- 1912 A True Story, by Thomas H. Timmons; the
original version appeared in the McDuffie Progress, Sept. 27, 1912.
- 1912 Marriage Certificate of Herbert Fletcher Timmons and Viney Mae Andrew.
- 1913 Autobiography, by Thomas H. Timmons.
- 1913 The First of Life, by Thomas H. Timmons.
- 1914 Ancestral Etchings, by Thomas H. Timmons.
- 1914 Prologue to Loving Memorials: Beyond the Valley of the Shadows
by Rev. M.M. DuBose, D.D.
- 1914 He Preached Holiness, by Thomas H. Timmons. A biographical profile of Benson Ellison Lane Timmons
written by his brother Thomas H. Timmons' and published in the book Loving Memorials: Beyond the Valley of the Shadows.
- 1914 Memorial Day, by Thomas H. Timmons.
- 1914 A Spiritual Awakening, by Thomas H. Timmons.
- 1914 The Death of Rev. Thomas H. Timmons: three articles from the McDuffie Progress
together with the original versions.
- 1914 Rev. Thomas Holmes Timmons: A Tribute, by George W. Yarbrough.
- 1917 Birth Certificate of Jean Elizabeth Timmons.
- 1935 The Death of Herbert F. Timmons, text of the obituary that appeared in the Glenwood (MN)
Herald and the Pope County Tribune. A copy of the original versions also includes
a notice in the Herald of the Arcana Lodge.
- 1972 Death Certificate of Viney Mae (Andrew) Timmons.
- 1978 Remembrances of Timmons Relatives, by George Vaughn Timmons.
- 2010 An Immigrant's Tale, a profile of Annemarie Timmons by her grandson Shelby Burford.
- 2010 Uncle Andy Timmons, a profile of Andrew Timmons by Kalli Sanders.
- 2011 Young Man Hopes for a Job, a two-part profile from The Seattle Times of Shelby Burford innovative job search.
- 1884 Letters to Jørgen & Marie Hansen in America from Hans Rasmussen Frost.
- 1891 Letters to Hemming Hansen from Hans Rasmussen Frost & Karen Stine Jørgensdatter.
- 1892 Letters to Lunde from Hemming Hansen.
- 1898 How I was Taught Wickerwork by Karl Hansen.
- 1905 Marriage License & Certificate of Hemming Hansen Frost & Gena Elise Ellingson.
- 1918-21 Letters to Herbert Johannes Frost from Hemming Hansen Frost.
- 1920-21 Christmas Greetings to Karl Hansen from Hemming Hansen Frost.
- 1925-26 Letters to Herbert Johannes Frost from Hemming Hansen Frost.
- 1927 Letter to Karl Hansen on Death of Hemming Hansen Frost, from Marie Hansen.
- 1946 Letter to Karl Hansen following end of WW II, from Herbert Johannes Frost.
- 1955 Helen Frost, by Mabel Wold Sihler.
- 1956 Letter to Herbert Johannes Frost, from Dominika Nielsen (on the death of her father Karl Hansen).
- 1960 My Grandfather Karl Hansen: A Man I Shall Never Forget, by Jens Lund Nielsen.
- 1966 Death of Gena Frost, by Esther Frost.
- 1966 Remembering, by Esther Frost.
- 1967 My Travel Year, by Esther Frost.
- 1967 Christmas Letters 1967-70, by Esther Frost.
- 1977 Memories of Hemming Hansen Frost, by Esther Frost.
- 1981 Intercoastal Hobbit, 1981-86 , a Frost Family magazine.
- 1986 Death of Helen Frost, by James Nieman, Native Outreach Ministry.
- 1988 The Kolbjorn Livdahl Family, 1851-1988, by Stan Johnson.
- 1998 Esther Frost Memories, a collection of family reflections written at the time of Esther's funeral .
- 2008 Images of the Inupiaq, by Julieanna Frost.
- 1922 Reminiscences, by Malene Isene Steen.
- 1926 Early Career Clips, Sigvart J. Steen.
- 1934 Northland College Choir Program, Sigvart J. Steen, Dir.
- 1946 Marriage Certificate of Sigvart Julius Steen & Margery Mayer Berthold.
- 1961 Olai Steen, a profile by Ernest B. Steen.
- 1964 Caroline Storeim Steen, a profile by Ernest B. Steen.
- 1966 Wagner Choir Lincoln Center Program, Sigvart J. Steen, Dir.
- 1968 Sigvart J. Steen: A Eulogy, by Ernest B. Steen.
- 1981 Anecdotes from Farm Life, by Ernest B. Steen.
- 2004 Sigvart J. Steen Biography, by Richard S. Steen.
- 2015 Lynn A. Steen Resume
This website is intended only for family members and others engaged in non-commercial genealogical research.
Any commercial use is expressly prohibited. Additions, corrections and correspondence are welcome by email
to Lynn A. Steen or Mary E. Steen.
Last updated: 5 Sep. 2014.