Steen-Frost Family Places
Lynn & Mary Steen
A selection of images, maps, and writing about places associated with the Steen-Frost family. Most items are password protected;
some, designated by [Public], are unrestricted. Family members and others wishing to view these items should send a message
by email to Lynn A. Steen or Mary E. Steen.
Scotland (Ancestral home of the Andrews)
Denmark (Ancestral home of the Hansens & Frosts)
Prince Edward Island (North American home of the Andrews)
- Map of Irvine, Scotland (1828). James Andrew (1759-1811), the great-grandfather of Mary's
great-grandmother Annie Jane Hay Andrew, lived at Lave Mill on the Irvine river near the coast just west of Kilmarnock, Scotland. Lave Mill can be found near the
lower edge of this old map, half-way between the left and right edges (just above the 4 mile reference mark).
- Map of Paulston, Ayrshire (1831) In 1807 and 1811, Elizabeth and Anne ("Annie") Hay, daughters
of John Hay and Jean Fulton of Paulston, Ayrshire, married brothers William and Adam and Andrew, sons of James Andrew and Mary Ferguson of Lave Mill, Ayrshire.
Paulston is in the middle of this map, directly below the loop in the Irvine River.
- Memorial to Ann Hay, Adam Andrew's wife (1832) "Adam Andrew, miller in Irvine Mills, son of
the late James Andrew [of] Lavemill, in memory of his much beloved wife Anne Hay who departed this life on the 5th day of January 1832, aged 41 years. Also of
her mother Jean Fulton, spouse of the late John Hay [of] Paulston who died October 1821 aged 61 years."
- Dundonald, Ayrshire. James Andrew and Mary Ferguson, ancestors of the Andrew clan, were
married on 25 Aug 1773, in Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland.
- Notes on Ayrshire, 100 Years Ago
This website is intended only for family members and others engaged in non-commercial genealogical research.
Any commercial use is expressly prohibited. Additions, corrections and correspondence are welcome by email
to Lynn A. Steen or Mary E. Steen.
Last updated: 28 Dec. 2012.